Here are some of the FAQ’s for this month:
- When are Reflection Entries going to be due to Council?
All entries should be turned in on or before December 9, 2017. Stay posted for details on time and place to drop off art.
- How can I find training opportunities for our local PTA officers?
We will include upcoming training information for our area each month at the General Membership Meetings. For training opportunities in other Regions or for online webinars, please make use of the “Events” portion of the WA State PTA website: https://www.wastatepta.org/events/
- When are KAC General Membership Meetings?
Usually, our GM meetings are on the 4th Monday of the month. Check our list of upcoming events to be sure. There is no General meeting during December.
- Is KAC still giving out memberships gained through Denali Credit Union?
Yes, we will be distributing memberships to all units who send representatives to our General Meetings. We have been working on updating our internal processes in order to reduce the amount of paperwork.
- Can I still register for Legislative Assembly?
Yes! Leg Assembly is on October 20 & 21 in Tacoma this year. Click here for information on registering and getting a hotel room. The deadline for the discounted hotel rate is September 28.
- I heard something about a new Programming / Coding Competition. Where do I find out more?
Washington has a new program (this is only the second year) for High School students called the Game Development Challenge. You can find more information about it in the Leadership News.
- How can I get involved in PTA at the Council Level?
We are always looking for new leaders to help out on our committees, and we have 2 open officer positions as well. If you are interested, please contact Heidi at firstname.lastname@example.org. Open committee positions include Programs, Newsletter, and Communications. We also have current committee chairs who are looking for someone to take over within the next year for Clothing Bank and Cinderella Project, and our Reflections chair needs a co-chair who can be at the meetings to answer questions and give reports. Come and join us!