Help support the Fairwood Elementary PTSA by eating at Shakey’s on Tuesday, January 31st from 4:30pm – 7:30pm. 20% of all food purchases (beverages not included) will be donated to Fairwood Elementary PTSA. Place your receipt in fundraising container at the cash register so your 20% will count. Take-out orders count too!
Located at 14300 SE Petrovitsky Rd. Phone: 425-277-0227
Please support the Denali Federal Credit Union’s Clothing Drive!
100% of donations will be given to the Kent Area Council PTSA Clothing Bank
WHEN: November 1 – January 31
WHAT’S NEEDED: NEW or GENTLY USED clothes and NEW (in the package) socks,
tennis shoes, and underwear (not white underwear) for students ages K-12.
WHERE: (Drop off locations in Kent)
• Denali Federal Credit Union: 19802 62nd Ave S., Ste. 101 • IBEW 46: 19802 62nd Ave S., Ste. 105, Kent
• Kent Chamber of Commerce: 524 W Meeker St., Suite 1 • Kent School District: 2033 SE 256th St
• Kent Downtown Partnership: 202 W Gowe St # A
• Down Home Catering: 211 1st Ave S
• Enlighting Struck Design: 22737 72nd Ave S #101
• Central Ave Mini Storage: 1407 Central Ave S
QUESTIONS: Call 253-234-6287
The 32nd Annual Presidents and Principals Luncheon is less than a month away! Enjoy a tasty lunch, some great speakers, and networking with local school and PTA leaders.
The cost is $30 per person – reserve your spot by 11/30!
RSVP and Event Details
We had a great turnout for the candidate forum. Thanks to our candidates for sharing their perspectives with us, both in person and electronically. And a tremendous thank you to Janine Weber for organizing and facilitating the “speed candidating” sessions. Candidates representing the 11th, 33rd, and 47th Legislative Districts were present. In addition, we viewed videos submitted by two OSPI candidates.
The Standards of Affiliation (SOA) contract and process is updated for the 2016-17 PTA year. The SOA requirements are in sync with the WSPTA Uniform Bylaws, adopted April 2015. The SOA ensures that local PTAs and councils align with Washington State PTA’s ethics, policies, and principles; maintain good business practices; and comply with applicable federal and state laws.
- SOA contract (due on or before October 31, 2016)
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Suggested wording to add the SOA to your standing rules
We look forward to seeing you at the first KAC GM Meeting of the year. See below for relevant meeting docs.
We’re taking some time to play in the sun, and plan for next year.