The Kent Area PTA Council (KAC) provides training, information and services to local unit PTA/PTSAs so collectively we can support the education and well-being of every child in the Kent School District. Click here to view our vision, mission and goals. As part of Region 9 our council is affiliated with both the Washington State and National PTAs.
~ What’s New with KACPTA ~
KAC general membership meetings are the fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Kent School District Administration Building board room at 12033 SE 256th Street. At our meetings, we provide information, networking and training in a variety of formats for officers of local unit PTA/PTSAs. Our next meeting will be on February 23rd. There are no general membership meetings in December, June and July.
The 2015 senior scholarship application is now available. The deadline for completed applications is April 1, 2015. Applications must be complete for consideration and contain all required attachments, Please mail completed applications to KAC Scholarship committee (address on application) or email them to: email@example.com. No late applications will be accepted. Recipients will be notified on or before May 1, 2015.
We have a Facebook page. Please check it out, like it and spread the word!
The Kent Area Council Clothing Bank continues to accept donations as we enter the school year. In addition, monetary donations can be made to help with costs of new socks, underwear & school supplies. A volunteer schedule has been set up for all of our local PTA’s. For more information, please check the Clothing Bank page or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
~ Region 9 News ~
Upcoming Training Opportunities:
- February 28 – PTA & the Law at Auburn High School from 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Register now!
- March 12 – Money Matters in the board room of the Kent School District Admin bldg beginning at 6:30. Registration for this class coming soon.
~ Washington State PTA News ~
- Did you know that the Questions of the Week that are included in each weeks Leadership News can be found on the Washington State PTA website?
- April 17-19 – Washington State PTA Annual Convention at The Bellevue Hyatt Regency. More information to come soon.
~ National PTA News ~
- Family Reading Experience Events: Did you know that there are resources on the National PTA website for Family Reading events? Planning guides, publicity resources, games & activities that can be printed from the website. Check it out!
- National PTA School of Excellence: Check out the National PTA School of Excellence program by National PTA!
- Check out January’s edition of Our Children Magazine on the National PTA website.