The Kent Area Council PTSA provides training, information and services to local PTA and PTSAs. Together we support the education and well-being of every child in the Kent School District. Click here to view our vision, mission and goals. KAC is part of WSPTA Region 9; our council is affiliated with both Washington State and National PTAs.
~ What’s New with KACPTA ~
KAC general membership meetings are the fourth Monday of each month at 7:00 pm in the Kent School District Administration Building board room at 12033 SE 256th Street. At our meetings, we provide information, networking and training in a variety of formats for officers of Local PTA and PTSAs. Our first general membership meeting for the 2015-16 year will be on August 24th. There are no general membership meetings in December, June and July.
We have a Facebook page. Check it out, like it and spread the word!
The Kent Area Council Clothing Bank continues to accept donations as we enter the school year. In addition, monetary donations can be made to help with costs of new socks, underwear & school supplies. A volunteer schedule has been set up for all of our local PTA’s. For more information, please check the Clothing Bank page or e-mail email@example.com.
~ Region 9 News ~
Upcoming Training Opportunities:
- Fall Conference – September 12th. Registration and location coming soon!
~ Washington State PTA News ~
- Did you know that the Questions of the Week that are included in each weeks Leadership News can be found on the Washington State PTA website?
~ National PTA News ~
- Family Reading Experience Events: Did you know that there are resources on the National PTA website for Family Reading events? Planning guides, publicity resources, games & activities that can be printed from the website. Check it out!
- National PTA School of Excellence: Check out the National PTA School of Excellence program by National PTA!
- Check out the Education Week’s article on National PTA’s new president , Washington native Laura Bay.
Learn about National PTA member discounts.